After months of lurking on other blogs, I finally decided to start my own. I really don’t think of myself as an interesting person, but I think a blog is a way to keep in touch with those friends and family members that I can’t talk to every day. I also think it will be a great way to meet new friends!
My name is Mindy, I am 25 years old and I live in Delaware with my husband, Daniel and our three year old miniature schnauzer, Cari. I was born and raised in Maryland, and I moved to Delaware in 2006 after Daniel and I got engaged. I love traveling, sports (both playing and watching), shopping, decorating (we just moved in a new house so I have a lot of decorating ahead of me), cooking, baking, going to concerts (I like a wide variety of music) and watching TV. I have a guilty pleasure for reality tv shows. Right now, my favorites are Project Runway and Survivor. Tonight we will have our DVR back so I am sure a couple other reality shows will be added to that list. My all time favorite reality show is Big Brother. I also have my favorite non-reality TV show shows. They include, Gossip Girl, Desperate Housewives and Monday night’s CBS line up (Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and Two and A Half Men). I do have a life besides TV though!
I am very close with my family and I try to see my parents at least once a week. I talk to my mom every day (sometimes several times a day) on the phone. I also have a huge extended family; my mom was the baby of nine. I have over 20 first cousins, most of them have a children! Family get-togethers are huge and I wouldn’t want it any other way. Daniel comes from a much smaller family, but he does have three sisters. He has a 17 year old half sister, Lauren. Lauren is getting ready to graduate high school next year and she has been busy looking at her college options. It is crazy for me to think of her graduating, when Daniel and I first started dating she was in middle school. Daniel also has two stepsisters, Tammy and Kim. Tammy is married and lives in lower Delaware (near the beaches) with her husband, Bill and their beautiful seven-month-old daughter Karra. Karra is one of the best babies I have ever been around. She rarely cries and always is smiling. I hope Daniel and I get that lucky! Daniel’s other stepsister, Kim recently moved to Arizona. She is working towards becoming a radiologist. We miss her and promise to get out west to see her sometime soon!
Daniel and I will be adding to our family in April of 2009. We are expecting our first child. My original due date was April 15, 2009 which is appropriate, because I work in Accounting. However, after my NT scan they changed my due date to April 10th. We are very excited to be parents. So far I have had an okay pregnancy. I actually lost ten pounds in my first trimester due to morning sickness, or all-day sickness in my case. It was not fun! I am currently in my sixteenth week, and I feel a lot better (with the exception of stupid allergies)! I have my energy back and I am excited to find out what we are having next month.
As I mentioned my allergies are acting up thanks to the season change. It stinks, because being pregnant the medications I can take are limited. Hopefully, this cold will go away sooner then later. Fall is finally upon us. Fall is one of my favorite seasons, but it feels as if it went straight from warm and comfortable 80-degree days to chilly 40-degree days. I am not ready for winter yet! We just moved into our new house and I wanted to enjoy our beautiful yard some more before it got too cold.
We have a very busy weekend ahead of us. Three parties in one day! I am exhausted just thinking about it. We are on the hunt for a toddler Phillies jersey. Now that they are in the World Series and that its football season, we are having the hardest time finding this. We went to five different stores yesterday with no luck! If we wanted any Philadelphia Eagles gear we would have been set. However, I refuse to buy this particular little boy anything Eagles. If anything, it would be a Ravens jersey! Then again, I don’t think his parents would be too happy with us! J
Please leave my blog some love, I hope someone actually reads this! I promise my next post will have plenty of pictures (as soon as I figure out how to do that).
Update: We found a Phillies toddler t-shirt at Wal-Mart of all places. I despise Wal-Mart, I am definitely more of a Target girl. However, after work Daniel and I had to pick up a few things and since Wal-Mart is on the way home we stopped there. I glanced in the baby section and saw a Phillies shirt. Wal-Mart is the last place I would of thought to look, but at least now Evan will be outfitted with the right team during the World Series!
Friday, October 24, 2008
My first post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey! look forward to reading up on you!
Girl I despise Walmart too!!! I can't wait until you find out what the lil peanut is!!
Post a Comment