Sorry it has been a few days since I have updated here. Things are going well! Monday was my grandfather’s birthday. He turned 72! Daniel and I went over to my grandparents to celebrate with them. It was great seeing my grandparents. I don’t go over there as much as I should and I really need to make more of an effort to see them more often. My dad’s parents are my only set of living grandparents. I have so many great memories of time spent with my grandparents when I was younger. My grandparents spoiled my cousins, Racheal, Lisa and I with a lot of love. They would do anything for us girls. Pop Pop was such a great sport. He would play with us for hours in my grandparent’s pool, he taught us how to play Marco Polo and he would race us swimming, always letting us win. He even played dress up with us, there are pictures some place of my grandfather with barrettes in his hair and pink lipstick on from where Racheal and I gave him a “makeover.” Over Christmas in 1999, my grandparents took us girls on a cruise to the Caribbean. It was one of the best vacations I have ever been on and I will remember it for the rest of my life. My grandparents got their joy from watching their granddaughters have fun. They are excited about my pregnancy andthey can't wait to be great grandparents for a second time. As much as my grandfather would love a great grandson (there hasn't been a boy in the family since my Uncle Rob who is in his 40's), he would love a great granddaughter as well. He loved his three granddaughters and he loves his first great granddaughter, Alexis. Here are some pictures from Monday night:
Lexi discovers the pen in Pop Pop's pocket!
Pop pop is cutting a piece of his German Chocolate cake that my grandmother made for him.Last night Daniel and I went shopping for maternity pants. We already had to pick something up at the mall for a wedding we are going to on Saturday, so we decided to look at maternity clothes. I am at the point where I can barely fit into my work clothes. I can still get them buttoned up, but it is definitely not comfortable. I did not realize the huge variety of maternity pants out there. There are several different types of paneling for them, it was kind of overwhelming.
After a half hour of trying on clothes, I finally decided on a pair of pants. They are a little big on me, but I am sure I will grow into them in the next few months. I also looked at some maternity sweaters, but I couldn’t justify buying anything yet. I still fit into my tops fine so hopefully I can get a few more weeks out of them. Usually I am a clothes whore, but we are on a budget and I am trying my best to stick to it. My pants look similar to this:
For those of you who have been pregnant? What did you like the full panel or only a half a panel?
Talking about sweaters, the weather here is definitely getting to be sweater weather and I hate it! I want my 80-degree summer days back. My cousin, Connie and my friend Caitlin said it snowed in the Philly area yesterday. I am definitely not ready for snow! It can wait a few months before it decides to snow and when it decides to snow, it needs to snow enough to where I don’t have to go to work. I hate driving in the snow! I love staying home during a snowstorm and making home made doughnuts (a family tradition in my mom’s family!).
Well, the game is on and I am going to watch the Phillies hopefully clench the world series title!!!
1 comments:
Full panel is the only way to go- half panel always falls down!!!!! I have one pair of 1/2 and hate them!!!!!
Post a Comment