I turned another year older today. I can’t believe I am 27. It seemed like just yesterday I thought 27 sounded old. At 27 you were truly an adult. I feel like an adult some days, but other days I still feel like that 18 year old fresh out of high school and ready to take on the world. From 26 to 27 was a great year for me. We built our house and moved in. I watched Cecilia go from a baby to an outgoing toddler.
I learned a lot about myself this past year. I learned not to trust others to easily. I learned that the friends who matter aren’t those who keep count of how often you see one another, but the ones who will be there to listen even if they are 3000 miles away. I learned that money isn’t everything and the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. I learned that no marriage is perfect and to make a marriage work you have to put in 200 percent.
I am sorry I haven’t posted a lot. I had that incident awhile back and I actually considered to stop blogging all together. I decided against that though. I am not going to let one person keep me from doing something I love. Work still isn’t great, I am keeping my eyes open for jobs elsewhere. Daniel likes his new job, but with him working 12 hour days it is making day care nearly impossible for us. Luckily we have a great support system of family and friends who are there at a moments notice when we need a back up sitter.
I miss being at home throughout the week though. I miss cooking. I haven’t cooked an actual meal besides breakfast for what seems like weeks. Since my nights off are Friday and Saturdays we usually go out to eat with friends or go over to one of our parents’ houses for dinner. I miss watching TV with Daniel, we never watch TV together anymore. Our summer has been so busy, we’ve had something planned almost every weekend day this summer.
I thought working nights would allow me more opportunity to clean, but it doesn’t. I have even less time to clean, because my days are spent chasing after Cecilia and doing laundry. After work I am way too tired to even think about cleaning. I need to get back on some sort of cleaning routine again. Does anyone have any ideas? I need something badly. My house looks like a disaster.
Well enough rambling for now. I miss blogging, I miss my blog friends. I am back for good.
1 comments:
Happy Birthday! 27's not so bad.... I just find it crazy that we are closer to 30 than 20.
As for the cleaning... Ive read in a lot of magazines to set aside certain days for certain tasks. by the end of the week/month all is done. this is what I am going to try once we are in our house... so like Monday-dusting, Tues- vacuum. etc.
Post a Comment