Daniel’s grandfather passed away around 10:15 this morning. It’s very sad and depressing. I regret not going to the hospital in the past few days to see him, but Daniel kept on telling me it was best that I remember him for the person he was and not the way he looked in the hospital, hooked up to various machines and non responsive. Daniel was able to leave work for around a half hour this morning to go see him before he passed.
Daniel kept on stressing to me that his grandfather is in a better place now and he is much happier that he is with his grandmother. He is taking a lot better then I am. I really wish he could of met Cecilia, but I know he will be looking down on her growing up. He was really excited about her upcoming birth and always asked how I was feeling. He also loved our dog, Cari. He called her Skamp, because he used to have a dog when he was younger that looked like Cari named Skamp (I have no idea what kind of name that is, lol). Whenever we brought Cari over to see him or he came over to see us you could always find her in his lap loving every second of the attention she would get from him.
The next week or so is going to be really hard. His grandfather didn’t want a funeral, he is going to be cremated and wants his ashes spread on the family farm. The family is planning on having a little get together celebrating his life, but that won’t happen until sometime next week once Daniel’s mom is done her treatments. We also have the big task of cleaning out his small apartment. Daniel's grandfather was a pack rat, so that should be a lot of fun.. Death is a sad thing, but at least we know his grandfather is no longer suffering and in a happier place.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Sad News
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am so sorry for your loss Mindy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Sounds like he was such a sweet man and it is comforting to think that he is in a better place, together again with his wife. Take care of yourself and your husband during this time!
Post a Comment