When I was planning my wedding and as the wedding got closer, I was constantly checking my registries to see what had been bought off of them. Daniel and my mom would always accuse me of cheating or snooping, but I thought otherwise. Well now that my baby showers are approaching I have been registry stalking (as we called it on The Knot) my baby registries. So far the big ticket items that have been bought are our high chair, travel system and our crib set. A lot of smaller items have been bought as well! I am getting so excited! Daniel finally has the crib and changing table together so the nursery is finally starting to look like a nursery! So tell me, do you or did you registry stalk during your wedding planning or when you knew a baby shower was approaching?
In other news, my step mother in law called me this morning. She wanted me to settle a debate she was having my sister in law. They are giving Daniel his own gift at the baby shower (which is soooo cute!), but they are adding a few things to it. She wanted to know if Daniel would be okay with Cecilia wearing a two piece bathing suit. I personally think two pieces are adorable on babies, but I know how my husband thinks… I told her that it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to buy one. So out of curiousity I sent Daniel a link to a cute two piece I saw online. His response? "NO! No daughter of mine is wearing a bikini until she is not living under my roof!" He is going to be such a protective father..it should be interesting!
Also, some good news for once – both my mom and mother in law are being released from the hospital today! It will be great to have the home. My mom has a long recovery ahead of her, but I think with her being home it will be a lot easier on her. Daniel’s mom has to go back in for another set of chemo treatments next week so her stay at home will be short. At least she will get some time at home before she has to go through another 5 days of treatments.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
You Know You Would Do It Too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Damn. there goes my idea for your shower..I was (probly still will) going to get a 2 piece.. course. Daniel can kiss my butt..The boys looking at her now won't know the difference!
I didn't register stalk with the wedding. probably will with the baby just because I will be adding etc. I know you do that's why your present isnt coming off your registry!
Haha!! Still do your idea, Daniel won't be at my shower at mom's house until after we are done opening presents. I love the two piece idea and I say do it! :)
I am still wondering what my other present is from you that you have been working on... You shocked me with my bridal shower present (one of my favorites!) so I can't wait to see the baby shower present!
I stalked my registry when I was getting married! It was just too tempting!! =)
Glad to hear your mom and mom-in-law are both coming home.
LOL about the baby swimsuits. I'm not sure what I think about the two-pieces. I wonder what my husband would think?!
I definitely registry stalked before my wedding!
LOVE the stuff you have picked out! I'm not pregnant and don't plan to be anytime soon, but I've seen that highchair in Target and seriously want to buy it and put it away! lol
Danielle - I know exactly what you mean about the high chair! There was a high chair similar to this one when my friend Amanda was pregnant that she bought, I knew I had to have it! They discontinued it and now they have the one I registrerd for (which I love!!). I love that it goes with our furniture and won't clash like a lot of the all plastic high chairs..
Post a Comment